Are you looking for a way to lose fat with Christmas just around the corner?
Christmas holidays are easily one of the most anticipated events of the year – the chance to get away from work and to relax with your loved ones.
With all of the excitement, it’s not surprising that most people unknowingly end up gaining a few kilos during their break. With all the Christmas parties, drinks with friends, edible gifts weight gain is pretty much inevitable… right? But your Christmas holidays don’t have to end in weight gain. Holiday weight gain is caused by eating too many foods that are high in carbohydrates and simple sugars.
We have come up with a simple survival strategy to keep your weight under control, and maybe even lose a few kilos over Christmas. You don’t have to count calories or eat every meal at home. Keep the following tips in mind as you embark on your holiday adventure and you may come home fitter than when you left!
(1) Eat Smart – Take the time to choose meals with your health conscious mind and not simply your taste buds. Watch your portion size… not too many rum balls!
(2) Eat as many fresh vegetables as you want – load up on salads, not just starchy vegetables like mashed potato.
(3) Eat lots of lean protein – avoid fried meats and eggs.
(4) Eat fresh fruits, nuts and seeds in moderation – don’t overdo it. A handful of nuts and 2 – 3 pieces of fruit per day is adequate.
(5) Enjoy two daily treats – bread or baked goodies no larger than the size of your palm, holiday drinks (250 ml serving) and Christmas lollies or treats… the smaller the better
(6) Maintain your Metabolism – Avoid the yo-yo diet cycle of overindulgence and starvation. Carry on eating healthy snacks and eating every three hours over the Christmas holidays.
(7) And lastly…. Make Exercise a Must – Holidays are a great time to take your workout outdoors. Run on the beach, do push ups and crunches and some strength training. Exercise is your secret weapon against holiday weight gain.
Enjoy your Christmas holidays. When you get back call us for a Health & Wellness Consultation and Body Analysis Session. We will show you a step-by-step plan for getting you the body that you deserve.
Make 2013 your best year ever!
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 700g chicken breast halves
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 154, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 61mg, Dietary Fibre: 0g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 1g, Cholesterol: 69mg
So what do you think?
Cook it and let us know your feedback. Can we do better? Please share with us any suggested alternatives.
- 1kg beef, lean ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, green, cubed
- 3 1/2 cups tomato, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 cup(s) rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/8 tsp. powder)
- 1 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped, with leaves
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup beans, red kidney, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups peas, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups beans, green
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 11 cups water
- 2 cups pasta, spaghetti, uncooked, broken